Silas

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Jasper Fforde Is Coming To London!

One of my favourite writers will be in London on Monday 10th July for his new book "The Fourth Bear". He's in Foyles on Tottenham Court Road at about 1pm doing a signing, then in the evening he's at Waterstones at Piccadilly giving a talk and a signing. The tickets for the latter event are £3 with the cost of the ticket redeemable off the price of the book.

"The Fourth Bear" is the second in the Nursery Crimes series, following on from "The Big Over Easy". While I did enjoy "The Big Over Easy", I enjoyed the Thursday Next series of books far more. For those of you who haven't read "The Big Over Easy" it's a Chandler-esque detective novel wherein Jack Spratt of the Nursery Crimes division sets out to find out who killed Humpty Dumpty. It's not as child-orientated as it sounds and is similar in style to Malcolm Pryce's "Aberystwyth" series.

The new book - from the brief extract I read today in Foyles - seems to be set around the death of Goldilocks after her visit to the cottage of the three bears. As the blurb on http://www.jasperfforde.com says, "have you ever wondered why Mummy bear and Daddy Bear slept in seperate beds? Ever racked your brains over the thermodynamic impossibilties of simultaneous porridge pouring?". Well I hadn't, but now I am.

If anyone is interested in joining me for the talk, I'll be in Piccadilly by about 6.30pm.

2 Comments:

Blogger silas said...

Due to me doing my ankle in over the weekend, I didn't get to go to this. Which is a shame, as I had been looking forward to it for about a month. Still, being off work for a couple of days does mean I will get to read the book!

21:48  
Blogger kingoftheforks said...

I don't care.

17:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker