Silas

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Average Speed Cameras - Part Two.

I still haven't received a speeding ticket because of these, but I've now found one which is obviously more profit driven than the one on the M1.

On the M25, between the A111 and the A10, there is some building work going on to improve the tunnel section (I think they're widening it slightly so three lanes fit through it). Again there's lots of barriers to protect the workforce (who were actually doing stuff when I went through there yesterday) and a 40mph section.

The average speed cameras, however, are positioned AFTER the section where the building work is going on. They seem to only cover a 1 mile section where the traffic has been returned to the main carriageway - and is starting to speed up - and the final camera is about 400yds before the National Speed Limit sign. Now, to me, this is only about money making and not at all about safety.

This happens on both the clockwise and counter-clockwise carriageways, so it's not happened by accident. If they were using the cameras to ensure that traffic only went at 40mph through the building works (traffic was actually going through at about 20mph as it happens) then there would be a camera before the building works, not after it. Fuckers.

And, Jim, if the one on the M1 was done properly - by slowing traffic down from 70 to 60 about 2miles before the works, then 60 to 50 a mile before - the 40mph section wouldn't be so bad and there'd be less contraction of traffic. I think that if there had been any traffic flow modelling done on that section it wouldn't be quite so bad as it is now.

It's about profits, not safety. And nothing you can say will change my mind.

/me sticks fingers in ears

6 Comments:

Blogger kingoftheforks said...

/me sticks fingers in ears

sums it up really.

You don't understand something so it's wrong, all wrong. Yes Silas, if you were in charge it would all be better, yes Silas, yes Silas....

Just out of interest, has anyone put you in charge of a project recently?

If only they would, it would all be better wouldn't it?

For the sake of fuck, why don't you do something brilliant and impress people rather than just knocking other people in your whiny "blog"?

13:06  
Blogger silas said...

Are you just not getting sex? Is that what it is? Would you like it if I blew you?

14:37  
Blogger kingoftheforks said...

Silas, I want you to do "something brilliant" - not something disgusting...

Out of interest, Mr Pot, how long has it been since you unburdened yourself on another warm body?

16:41  
Blogger kingoftheforks said...

Silas, I want you to do "something brilliant" - not something disgusting...

Out of interest, Mr Pot, how long has it been since you unburdened yourself on another warm body?

16:41  
Blogger kingoftheforks said...

and why has that last comment appeared twice? I blame you, Silas, it's all wrong, and I'm going to make a big old fuss about it so people think I'm clever.

Oh yes, I could blog...

16:43  
Blogger silas said...

So nice of you to ask dear chap. Apart from one indiscretion with a lady I'm not going to name on here, it's been 4.5years.

I think, given my current dry run, I may be able to make it through to my untimely death without having sex again.

09:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker