Silas

Friday, November 16, 2007

Saudi Arabia

Despite it's recent push to look and feel more Western - possibly to attract tourists and other investment - Saudi Arabia is still medieval and barbaric in its treatment of women.

This story from the BBC's website saddened me. It should have shocked me, but it just didn't. I can imagine there'll be apologists for Muslims telling me why this sort of thing is acceptable and that I don't understand their culture.

Whipping the victim of gang rape isn't something I ever really want to understand.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger silas said...

As has been pointed out to me since, while this is barbaric, at least the rapists themselves did actually get punished. Which is, apparently, more than they'd be likely to over here.

Your mileage may vary.

09:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker