Silas

Friday, May 18, 2007

Giving Up Drinking

This may come as a surprise to many people, but I've decided to give up drinking alcohol for the next month. If anyone sees me drinking alcohol of any kind, please be good enough to slap me senseless and inform the bar that I'm in that I shouldn't be served any more.

I've hurt, annoyed, upset, irritated, angered and pissed off far too many people who are very important to me while I've been drunk. My latest effort was on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning and totally accidental, but wouldn't have happened had I not been drunk. And I hate myself for it.

So I am quitting booze for the next month and we shall see how it goes from there.

This may seem drastic action - particularly given that I probably only drink two or three times a week and not especially loads then - but I think it's about time I stopped for a while, just to see if I still can.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Good for you. Contrary to public opinion, it is perfectly possible to have a good time without alcohol, with the added bonus of being able to drive home/save money/be coherent/not fall over/remember stuff/feel okay in the morning/not puke on things.

Welcome to my world...

22:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Don't think that giving up alcohol will get you back in my good books, alcofrolic! You meant what you said, just as I meant what I said 6 months ago!

Fng muppet!

That means on saturday I will be up to 15 - 6!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

15:53  
Blogger silas said...

Hmm, I'd like to say otherwise, but given the spanking I got two weeks ago, there's every chance it will be 15-6. Or even worse than that.

21:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker