Silas

Monday, March 19, 2007

Untypical, Again. Which Is Typical, Really.

According to today's Daily Mini Quiz on the BBC's Magazine page, the average person knows how to cook only four different dishes. Now, I'm assuming that they don't mean that they know how to cook four different things (eg. rice, pasta, eggs and fish) but four complete meals.

So I got to thinking, what can I cook without actually looking at a recipe book?

Full Roast Dinner (with Yorkshire Puddings and Roast Potatoes), Thai Green Curry (making my own paste), Bolognaise sauce (with chicken livers, natch), Roasted Stuffed Peppers, Griddled vegetables with pan fried fish, Beef in Filo pastry (which I don't make as it's a pain in the arse), Roast Mediterranean vegetables with cous-cous and griddled minted lamb, Cassoulet, Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, Paella & Risotto (essentially the same, but different), Stuffed Mushrooms, Caesar Salad (making my own dressing), Beef Stew, Quiche (and I do make that pastry myself), Chilli Con Carne, two different Indian Curries, and a Five Bean Stew of my own creation.

And that's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, and many, many various things with chicken.

Okay, so it's hardly Masterchef material, but I'm surely not *that* atypical. The only thing I can think of is that when they asked people they answered "starters, soups, main courses and desserts". And I know, I need to practice my desserts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker