Silas

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

X-Ray CCTV Cameras

Okay, so the Home Office is denying this, but today's report in The Sun about plans for X-Ray CCTV Cameras has set me thinking.

First of all, how many people really believe that these cameras - if they do exist, work and don't actually give the entire population cancer - would actually be used to look at suspicious-looking swarthy men? If the proportion of men employed to view the footage is as high as it is in the security industry in general, I think that may affect what they're looking at: boobs.

Secondly, who owns the footage? Seeing as CCTV imagery is often seen on TV shows - without any apparent agreement of those involved in it - do I own any images that I appear in? And if I had children, would I own any footage of them until they were 16 or 18? And if I did, would I be arrested for having naked images of minors?

Thirdly, and this point is made on the BBC's coverage, how do you police this? If you happen to see someone carrying a pistol under their clothes on Oxford Street at 11am on a Monday, how long does it take the (presumably armed) police to get to that same person? If you have that many armed police floating around waiting for a call, then surely the amount of police on the streets is high enough for you not to really need the X-Ray CCTV cameras in the first place.

Fourthly, if anyone who says "if you've got nothing to hide, then you've got nothing to worry about", could you please send me naked pictures of yourselves to post on here?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker