Silas

Friday, November 14, 2008

25 Years? Are You Quite Sure About That?

I was watching - as usual - the BBC early morning news, then the ITV early morning news before I left the house this morning. I forget which channel it was, but there was a report about the TV show "The Bill" having celebrated its 25th Anniversary.

"Wow" I thought, "it doesn't seem that long since it started."

And while technically it was over 25 years ago that the pilot episode was broadcast (on August 16th 1983) the series itself only started on 16th October 1984. Or just over 24 years ago.

Not today, you understand, but October 16th.

So I'm somewhat surprised to have seen a relatively long piece on whichever news programme it was, telling me The Bill had been going for 25 years. When it would have been more appropriate to tell me that on August 16th, or to wait until October 16th next year.

Plus, it's not as if there's nothing else going on in the world, is it? Cunts.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't diss things that mis-claim being 25. Not that I would know anything about mis-claiming, as I AM actually 25, but you get my point.

Viva la revolution.

I WANT SHOES. OR CHOCOLATE. OR PREZZIES.

12:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker