Silas

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Over 21? Yes, I'm 72

From the BBC, a report about a man who refused to confirm he was old enough to purchase alcohol - despite him being 72 - and was thus refused it.

He has complained at the "bureaucracy gone mad" but Morrison's explained that the particular store had to ask EVERYONE due to having previously been fined for selling alcohol to underage customers.

This brings to mind a visit to Chicago airport where I was asked to provide ID to buy a beer. I was, understandably, delighted. The legal drinking age in Illinois is 21 and I was in my early 30s at the time. This delight was unfortunately short-lived as the barman then asked the next customer for ID, and that guy was probably in his 80s!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't serve you no matter what... I have seen what happens... its not ideal...

07:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, shoulda just asked me if I thought your being carded was justified .... mwah ha ha ha ha

14:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker