Silas

Monday, September 17, 2007

Northern Rock

I used to have an account with the Northern Rock when it was a Building Society. I closed it after they de-mutualised and then sold my shares. If I still had an account with them, I'd be using the money in it to buy shares now. Lots of them. The price is 30% lower than they were last week, and they're losing their stupidest customers. Double bonus.

Let's be clear, if you are a Northern Rock customer and you have less than £30k in your account(s) then leave your money where it is. You will get your money back, even if something astounding happens and the bank closes. If you have more than £30k in the Northern Rock, well done for having the cash, but you should spread the additional funds over other banks.

There's no point whatsoever in getting up at 3am to clear £1500 out of your account.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker