Silas

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sudoku

What the fuck is that all about?

I was sat, bored, in a bar last night, doing the crossword while I had a pint. Having finished the concise Independent crossword, I started on the cryptic one. Got a few clues - my favourite being: Spare cash, lost in 'em (4,8) - but decided I didn't like the setter as the example should prove*, so I moved on to doing the Sudoku.

Now, I've never bothered with them before, as I much prefer to sit there and ponder the cryptic crossword while slowly nursing a pint of Guinness than juggle the position of numbers in my head. I've also been put off by the fact that I've been told they're really annoying. Well, they are. But not in the way I was expecting.

I'm often left feeling let down, but that doesn't lessen the disappointment when you realise that you've only done one Sudoku, it was the difficult one, it took you three minutes, and the other two on the page are easier. And you still have over half a pint of Guinness looking at you.

* The answer, an anagram, includes so much of the clue that the only word left - and in my mind, the word that the answer should relate to - is "spare". Which doesn't relate to the answer at all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger silas said...

The answer to the cryptic clue is "Slot Machines"

09:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker